Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ITS and SRST Together - Possible??

I would like to know if is possible to have for example a small central office using IOS Telephony Services to both a central office and a small branch office (i.e. Total IP Phones < 48 ) and use the SRST functionality at the branch office if the WAN Cloud is down?

The SRST documentation always talk about CCM and I'm wondering if it support ITS as well ..

Thanks in advance,

-JoseM

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: ITS and SRST Together - Possible??

SRST was meant for "remote" site failover in the event of a WAN failure. In that case the SRST router would dial out an FXO port over the PSTN and through a gateway local to the CallManager and route the call to Unity.

You have to use one router for SRST and another router for ITS. Then configure the failover to the ITS router in the event of a

CallManager failure. The IP phones would failover to the SRST router. Then oyu could configure the voicemail pilot extension under call-manager-fallback and create a voip dial-peer with a destination pattern of the voicemail extension instead of a POTS dial-peer. Then point this voip dial-peer to the ITS router for voicemail access.

Re: ITS and SRST Together - Possible??

It is an very interesting idea to workaround that fact that remote Unity does not have SCCP integration with SRST. Is this idea implemented in the real world ? or just a theory on paper ? What is the drawback ?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content