Views
Helpful
Replies

ITS Voice Quaility problem

susanto_leman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

any body ever encounters voice quality problem on ITS ? I am using cisco 1760-v with fxo connected to my pbx. everytime i make a call from ip phone through pbx, i always get a poor quality. I always get "lost words", eventhough the ip phone and the router is in the same LAN. any idea why that is so ?

any feedback will be appreciated

thanks a lot

-santo-

2 Replies 2

jtufail
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Can you define what kind of poor quality are you getting. Is there too much background noise, low volume, clipping etc? If you are not sure how to describe the voice quality Cisco has put some sample of poor quality audios that can help you identify what is it exactly. You can go the following site:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk698/technologies_tech_note09186a008019ab88.shtml

I hope that helps.

Javed

Hi

thanks for your respon. The problem I am encountering now is, when I am talking on the cisco ip phone to pbx, there are some break words, or lost words.. i can not hear clearly and the voice are too soft, when I hear the voice then it will be silent for a while then i can hear the voice again... is it something to do with VAD ? how to disable VAD on cisco IP phone

regards

-santo-

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: