Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IVR hook-flash transfer to Call Manager via a H.323 Gateway

I have an IVR system connected to a Cisco 2600 H.323 gateway via a T1 CAS interface. The ds0-group on this CAS T1 is configured as FXS. I can call back and forth between the IVR system and the Call Manager via the H.323 gateway. What I have not been able to do is to "hook-flash" transfer a call from one of the IP phone to the IVR back to another IP phone extension, i.e., IP phone extension 2000 called the IVR extension 5000 and the IVR performed the hook-flash and transfered the call back to IP phone ext. 2002. Based on the debug on the gateway, the 2600 recognized the hook-flash and all the digits "2002" coming from the IVR, but the call manager never received the transfer. TAC engineer said hook-flash transfer is not supported. I really don't buy it because Cisco has its own IVR system working in conjunction with Call Manager and I don't see how they can interface with large-scale Call Center IVR system without using T1 interface. This scenario worked with analog gateway VG200 or 2600. Please advise. Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY

Re: IVR hook-flash transfer to Call Manager via a H.323 Gateway

TAC engineer said hook-flash transfer is not supported. I really don't buy it because Cisco has its own IVR system working in conjunction with Call Manager and I don't see how they can interface with large-scale Call Center IVR system without using T1 interface. This scenario worked with analog gateway VG200 or 2600.

It may be that the VG200 did work.

IF they were NetvisionPhone the following applies...

Notice it refers to MGCP however..

Cisco VG200 FXO Hookflash Support

The added Cisco VG200 FXO hookflash support Symbol NetVision Phones, which are configured as H.323 client devices. The Cisco VG200 can be configured to provide hookflash feature support from H.323 NetVision phones through Cisco VG200 FXO ports attached to PBXs. The NetVision Phones issue H.245 messages through the Cisco CallManager to Cisco VG200 FXO gateways on initiation by the user of PBX functions. The Cisco VG200 gateway interprets the signals and translates them to an FXO hookflash followed by a PBX-specific feature code.

I searched for this on CCO, but did not find hookflash support for Cm and an H.323 GW.

Jeff

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content