Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Jitter Problems

We recently started having jitter problems at a remote site and I really just have one question.

We have our main site where CM is located and a remote site connected to us via a 512K frame circuit. Calls at the remote site go out their own local gateway and do not flow across our frame. The only frame traffic is call control or if we call each other. If the remote site gets between 3 and 5 incoming calls, they start having major jitter issues. This just started out of the blue. I haven't had time to look at the network to see if something is hogging the bandwidth. I just wanted to know what involvement CM has once a call is setup. Basically, could our congested frame circuit cause this jitter becaues of delayed call control traffic or not. Calls at the remote office go from the phone to their switch to their voice gateway. Nothing makes sense that would cause enough jitter to be noticeable on a 100Mbps LAN so I wondered if a delay in call control traffic could cause that.

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Jitter Problems

The cause of jitter is that a packet gets queued or delayed somewhere in the circuit, where there was no delay or queueing for other packets.Jitter can be caused both by router misconfiguration and by PVC misconfiguration by the carrier or provider.

Try this link for troubleshooting Jitter problems.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk698/technologies_tech_note09186a00800945df.shtml

Views
Helpful
Replies