Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

jsp on iis almost working

Hi,

I have benne trying to make the jsp services of the last sdk work on an IIS server. I have Tomcat working find with IIS (and that was not easy). but I cannot get my services to work. I keep getting the same error page.

My asp services are working find, but my boss wants me to devellop in jsp...

Here is a part of what it looks like:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: White spaces are required between publicId and systemId.

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:254)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:295)

at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:241)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)

I beleive it's a configuration problem, or maybe a librairie that is not loaded. But I cannot see why, I followed the instruction coming with the SDK.

If anyone had an idea...

Thank You.

8 REPLIES

Re: jsp on iis almost working

I don't believe that you need IIS and tomcat together. Only if you want them connected, so you don't have to put a portnumber in the url.....

install just tomcat somewhere, and point your url to it...http://someserver:8080/push2phone/push2phone.jsp

this way you are sure that it has nothing to to with the connector that is been used.....

make sure that your CiscoIPPhoneSDK.jar is in the tomcat\shared\lib directory !

and what version of JDK are you using?

This is actually what I am doing:

http://myserver:8080/groupmwi/groupmwi.jsp

I my jar file is on the right spot, and I am using j2sdk1.4.1_01.

I tryed with a hello.jsp on the same location that my groupwmi.jsp file and it worked fine.

That's what makes me think, it is a configuration issue.

maybe this sounds stupid, but did you put the . in your classpath?(it is necassary)

No, it does not. I am not sure I understand...

I have to put a dot (.) in my classpath variable ?

Just to be sure, could someone tell me exactly how it should look like ?

Thank you very much

Hi,

CLASSPATH=;C:\WINNT\java\lib\jtapi.jar;C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1\common\lib\servlet.jar;C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat 4.1;.

You see the dot !!!

This is in your windows environments...

Sascha

Thank you. It's working now.

I have to say, I am a bit desapointed by the push2phone.jsp application. We have almost 400 phones, and having a list of 400 MAC addresses not even classified by alphabetical order is not a solution.

It's nice to have, but I am desapointed because it is not clearly written in the service description that it displays a list of MAC addresses.

I am currently trying to modify the script, so if you are interested, post a message in this discution. I will let you know if I can find my way through.

Thank you.

My bad ! ok, I'm an idiot....

Maybe I should stick to traditionnal telephony.

Hi, I am glad it's working now.

It is indeed not a fancy script, but that isn't their intention I think.

It's just an example to work from....

I am interested in the modified script once you've got it.

cheers

Sascha

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content