cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

JTAPI and vg224

markoller
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone know if JTAPI supports call control on the vg224. I know that it works on the vg248 but since the 224 is IOS based, was wondering if there is a difference.

Mark

4 Replies 4

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

the vg224 does not use jtapi call control.

the call control for the vg224 available is as follows:

mgcp, sip, h323, sccp

see this link for more vg224 info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/gatecont/ps2250/products_data_sheet09186a00801d87f6.html

@gpulos: are you sure about that? The protocols you listed are signalling protocols.. jtapi is a cti protocol.. I'm pretty sure you won't find jtapi mentioned on any phone/device product page .. it's a feature the call manager offers.

I don't have a VG224 device to test, but I added one to my ccm, configured one of the ports, added a line to it, and then I was able to create a device association via my cti user.. so if that's possible, the device should be monitor-able via JTAPI and TAPI.

Hmm, agreed. I actually am going to get my hands a 224 on Weds and I am going to test my monitor app with phones built on that. I will report my results here when I have them.

I am not looking for signaling protocols. I am writing a monitor app for JTAPI. Thanks though.

Mark