cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

JTapi call transfer / conference from Route Point

reynoldsj
Level 1
Level 1

We are developing a simple call distribution application but are having problems completing the call transfer.

our scenario is:

Caller A calls RP DN.

RP Accepts call.

RP Finds appropriate agent, and places new call to agent.(Call B)

Agent answers.

RP Transfers/Conferences A & B A.conference(B)

But nothing happens and no Exceptions thrown.

The Route Point is created without media termination.

What are we missing, does any one have any sample code for this type of call handling.

Thanks.

John

3 Replies 3

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Ahh.. the good old RP limitations. Regardless of whether you do media termination or not, the RP has severe limitations with regards to call control. Transfer and Conference are not supported. Make sure you bug Cisco about that as only together we get this changed.

Here's what Cisco tells you to do instead: register a bunch of CTI ports, then use the RP as router so it routes the call the first CTI port which in turn does the call handling (the RP does the call routing part just fine including finding the first available CTI port (I suspect the busy trigger needs to be 1 on the line on the CTI Port)).

Then again, why do you need to accept the call? If instead you'd have the RP route the call the first available agent without answering the call, then you have the traditional RP scenario and the RP will do that just fine (you need to register it for call routing though.. jtrace contains code to do that).

Hi Stephan,

I have modified the application to use CTI Ports, the RP now RouteCallback and routes the call to one of the CTI Ports, i accept() not answer, the call on the port and create to another call to an available agent.

What i need to know is how to connect the two calls together when the agent answers. The reason for doing it this way is so that the new call cancelled and another created if the agent doesn't answer.

Is there any sample code for connecting two calls together.

You just need to make a transfer. Suppose the CTI Port sees that its call to an agent is answered.. then you have one incoming call (the one from the RTP) and one outgoing call, both active, and you can do a transfer on the outgoing call and with the incoming call as parameter.. that connects the two calls together. You may have to set the transfer controller on both calls (I haven't been able to figure out when this is necessary and when it's not.. in some of my programs it works just fine without a TC, and sometimes I cannot get anything to work without a TC).