Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

JTAPI hang up call

Hi all,

I am trying to hang up a call on an IP Phone using JTAPI. I've tried to use connection.disconnect, however after disconnecting the call it lets the line open and beeping. Is there a way, without using an xml push, to hang up 'totally'?

thanks,

alej

4 REPLIES

Re: JTAPI hang up call

Isn't that how things work on a CCM? The continuing to beep (I'm not a 100% sure you can reconfigure that) seems to be a standard for Cisco (and various SIP phones for that matter), whereas other PBXes take the device on hook after a few beeps.

There's also Call.drop() though I've never used it.

Even on the Alcatel systems I work with.. when I drop a call via CTI, the device plays the busy/reorder tone (as you know in Switzerland they're both the same ;) for a few seconds, and then goes on hook (and that behavior is a standard feature for this PBX).

:-) I thought so but I have been testing with an IP Communicator and the busy tone doesn't end. The other thing I noticed is that if I hang up a call using the webdialer, this behaviour doesn't occur. Isn't the webdialer service using JTAPI also?

Since it is running directly on the CCM I doubt the webdialer is using JTAPI. A while before Cisco started with their Mobility solution, I wrote my own demo app for a project we eventually lost.. it used JTAPI and made simultaneous outgoing calls to your cellphone and office phone and I terminated the superfluous call via the same mechanism you use and I don't recall anything untoward happening.

ok, thanks...was just wondering if the behaviour could be avoided before the customer asks :-)

Views
Helpful
Replies