Views
Helpful
Replies

jtapi primary device

greg.terkanian
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm working with a jtapi application in which I want to generate calls based on source address and destination address. My problem is that some DNs have two terminals associated with them. I want the call to be sourced on a particular device, but in some instances it's initiating the call on the other device. I'm specifying the device just like the makecall example with address.getterminals()[0]. Is there any trick to changing the order at which the Cisco JTAPI provider returns these terminals?

Thanks,

Greg

2 Replies 2

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

Well, if you know from which device you want to initiate the call, do a address.getTerminals() and pick the proper terminal, and if you don't, then you're just going to get the first one returned. I suspect there's a logic behind which Terminal is returned first, but that logic will be static.

Stephan,

Thanks for your response. Since my application depends solely on Call Manager information and LDAP queries to Active Directory, I have no logical way to parse the terminal list and decide which is the preferred one for the user. I have however found a workaround. Since I'm only incorporating address listeners, I've removed the other terminal from the associated device list of my JTAPI user. Now the getTerminals method only returns the one terminal and the address listeners still respond to activity on the other terminal because it's still associated to that address.

-Greg

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: