Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

JTAPI sendata() graphics

Can anyone tell me- can you use sendData(byte[]) to push a graphic to a phone? I've used it with softkeys to increase the volume but is it possible to send the xml object CiscoIPPhoneImageFile. I have seen examples of ppl using javascript and POST but is there an easier way? What about using sockets to post xml?

Thanks.

Dev

1 REPLY

Re: JTAPI sendata() graphics

You can send any XML object the IP phones understand via CiscoTerminal.sendData, including image objects. I am actually sending CIP images inside a CiscoIPPhoneStatus object via sendData and that works like a charm (although one time I had to reboot the whole cluster because I couldn't push anything to any phone anymore).

Of course, HTTP Post is also an option, regardless of the programming language. And you generally do post via a socket from a programming language, but modern APIs offer direct means of making a http connection, making your job a bit easier (like you create a httpconnection object to the IP phone, set the authentication header, then send the CiscoIPPhone xml object).

The advantage of JTAPI is that you have no authentication, and from what I have heard and experienced, JTAPI seems somewhat more stable.. probably because Cisco uses it in their own applications (IPCC Express mostly, and IVR/Unity Express). The disadvantage is the additional configuration on the call manager (controlling user).

The advantage of HTTP POST is that it's lightweight, but you have the authentication thing which causes load on the ccm (so for large scale pushes you should set a custom authentication url that handles the authentication and not always connects to the ccm) and as I said above, it seems somewhat less reliable.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content