cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

JTAPI Speaker and Mic

manoj_anantha
Level 1
Level 1

I am developing JTAPI SoftPhone. Right now the JTAPI phone register with the call manager, register DN and that call can be intantiated as I am using CiscoMediaTerminal. How do I add speaker and Mic so that I can communicate with the SoftPhone...

Also let me know if there is any JTAPI eBooks that can be downloaded

2 Replies 2

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

JTAPI only handles call control, not media playback. For media, you have to resort to a framework that supports RTP streaming. Since you're using JTAPI, JMF is the first tha comes to mind. If you search this forum, you'll find an example from me on how to stream wave files and data from the microphone via RTP (G.711, but G.723 and G.729 could be added, there are JMF plugins for that purpose). Likewise, JMF will help with the reception of such data (as in an incoming call). JMF stands for Java Media Framework: http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/jmf/index.jsp

Naturally, there are other frameworks like WinRTP and I'm sure there are commercial APIs as well.

Thanks Stephan for you answer,

I am looking for your expample on JTAPIs.....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: