Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

JTAPI vg224 question

In an earlier post I asked if the vg224 allows for JTAPI to do call control. The answer so far is kinda. It's necessary to make the vg224 a skinny gateway.

I can monitor and make calls no problem except for one circumstance. I have a security phone that sometimes gets bumped off hook for a period of time. This is an analog phone. I would like to be able to do a disconnect on the line and then make a call on it.

I try in the following code snippet to do this:

providerObserver = new MyProviderObserver ();

provider = peer.getProvider (providerName );

if ( provider != null )

{

provider.addObserver ( providerObserver);

Terminal term;

Address addr;

Connection conn;

term = provider.getTerminal(src);

addr = provider.getAddress(src);

conn = addr.getConnections()[0];

conn.disconnect();

}

When I attempt this I can hear a physical click on the analog line but it does not hangup. I was hoping a disconnect would be followed by dial tone so I can then author a call on the port.

src = security phone

any help would be appreciate

1 REPLY

Re: JTAPI vg224 question

I think you have two problems there.

1) You just have the loop current when an analog phone is off hook. I'm not so convinced you already have any Connection since those are created just when a call is being made (so once enough digits have been dialled and the call manager starts the call routing process).

2) A disconnect on an analog line imho needs a physical hook state change, and that's not something you can readily trigger via software (you'd need an IP controlled line breaker). And, FXS ports usually take some time in the on hook state until they declare the line cleared, so a really short current interruption won't be enough to trigger any change on the hook state.

And last but not least, why do you get the address from the provider and not the terminal? Not that this would have an effect on your attempt, but it seems more logical to me to get the device from the provider, then get the address from the terminal since this corresponds to the jtapi architecture.

Views
Helpful
Replies