cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

keep getting this error msg that shuts down unity

smoran69
Level 1
Level 1

I'm testing a new unity-callmanager configuration and frequently, Unity will stop answering calls (ring no answer), In the event viewer we get the error below. We should be nowhere near maxing out our licenses. Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

Thanks.....

Event Type: Error

Event Source: AvArbiter_MC

Event Category: Run

Event ID: 1026

Date: 9/4/2002

Time: 1:06:03 PM

User: N/A

Computer: UNITY

Description:

Licensing restrictions have been violated. System operation has been suspended.

Data:

Here are the license counts:

License Counts

Licensed seats for: Total Used Unused

Voice Mail Users 300 7 293

Visual Messaging Users 300 5 295

ActiveAssistant Users 300 7 293

Text-To-Speech Email Users 300 5 295

FaxMail Users 300 5 295

Licensed sessions for: Sessions

Visual Messaging Interface 0

Licensed languages for: Total Used Unused

GUI Languages 12 2 10

TUI Languages 12 2 10

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Version of Unity?

Typically that message means the key is not seen on the box during regular checks - Unity wont shut down if you somehow managed to get over your license counts or whatever, it just wont let you add new users and will bark at you in the event log. However if the key is not found after a period of time it will shut itself down.

Run DumpKey (you'll find it in Tools Depot or the Unity program group) and see what the output says. This should hit the key directly and if there's problems reading the key or whatever it should be apparent here.

The version is 3.1 (3)

I did a key dump and got all the same licensing values.

I think I might have found the source of the error. It looks like I somehow installed sql server 2000 when we are only licensed for msde. Could that have caused unity to shutdown?

Thanks,

Sean

no, Unity doesn't care which SQL version you have installed - that's just a licensing issue.

The only reason the arbiter would shut down Unity would be if the key is not found... we wouldn't just arbitrarily take down the Unity server for just any reason. the only other thing would be if it's a failover box and it can't find the primary but that would be included in the key dump and there would be all kinds of other error messages in the event log.

Gotta be something to do with access to the key. When Unity is in the down state check the key status... if there's any other messages in the event log, they would be good to know about.

You are correct, I just realized that I have the failover key installed in the primary unity server. I was sifting through the event viewer and found the log entry stating that node manager has failed to contact the companion failover machine....

I will have to wait until my registration key for the other dongle gets e-mailed back to me before I can fix the problem.

Thanks for all the help!

Sean

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

How many Sessions or ports does the dumpkey say are on the key?