cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Keyswitch feature with Voice GW to PSTN on same router??

jevansau99
Level 1
Level 1

can anyone pls. tell me if it is possible and/or recommended to use the 12.2(2)XT1 image with Keyswitch feature enabled (for 5-24 Cisco IP phones) as a PSTN gateway and keyswitch provider on the same router?

If it is do you know what modules can be used as gw's? Preferably, I'd like to use a PRI module, but BRI modules would work. I do know that FXO/FXS ports work with this image, but i don't want to use these.

I cannot find anywhere in Cisco documentation if this is 100% for sure possible and what modules this image supports ?

thanks in advance! - jason

1 Reply 1

Cisco is supposed to be releasing the updated Keyswitch feature set (renamed IP Telephony Services) sometime soon; hopefully next month. We've also been having major problems deciding which images to use for specific features, because it seems the hardware is way ahead of the software.

For example, try using MGCP on a gateway with both FXO and PRI modules (a very common config)...sorry, MGCP is not supported for PRI.

What about SRST on a gateway with PRI? Sorry again, SRST only works with FXO.

We have tried using some of the 'X' code images and have multiple TAC cases open and many hours of unbillable services for our troubles. Be careful.

My guess is, Cisco will work out all of these feature/image issues soon. This technology is very cool, but very new.

-Tim

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: