cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Know a Phone Status

paulogentile
Level 1
Level 1

Someone know how the IPMA application works to know if the Phone of the Manager is with line in use or the phone is hang up??

4 Replies 4

cronier.remy
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

with TAPI or JTAPI i don't remember which one

Please Rate this post

Remy

You have some information or some link of this?

it depends on your CCM version but you can find informations here :

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/vpdd/cdd/4_2/4_2_1/jtapi/index.htm

Regards

Please Rate This Post

Remy

IPMA is a java application so it's JTAPI based.

In JTAPI, there's even a device state server which allows you to get 4 simple events indicating when the phone status changes to one of the following: idle, ringing, active, held.

However, if you need to know more than that (e.g. who is calling if a phone is in ringing state), then you'll run into the wall I've tried to crack with my head: JTAPI events are not necessarily delivered in the order you'd expect.. so for instance you might et a device ringing event, but if you then try to get all calls on the device during the event callback, you won't see any calls, as the actuall CallEv has yet to be delivered. So, for an adavanced BLF, you'll need to process CallEv's and derive the phone status from that (you can query the phone status during the callback that gets you the CallEvs, but it's probably the same problem in reverse order.. you might have gotten the CallEv but not the device state event yet).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: