cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

L&H TTS Problem

markusp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,<br>I´ve got Unity 2.4.6(135) running in Demo Mode connected to a Cisco CM 3.1(1) - everything works fine exept the L&H TTS.<br><br>When I try to start the TTS engine with <br>ttsserver -p66666 -d..\engine I get following error message:<br>Error during launching TTS Server program = -2145648282<br><br>Has someone an idea whats the issue ? <br>- or is this the correct way to start the 2 port TTS Demo ?<br><br><br>Thanks for your help<br>Markus<br><br><br>

12 Replies 12

Not applicable

eh? What are you doing? Why are you trying to fire up the TTS engine with a command line (or am I misreading you here)? Where did you get instructions to do it that way? That's not how to go about it.

The demo mode will only allow the RealSpeak TTS engine and it will install and fire it up automatically when you start Unity. No need to do anything else. If you was the TTS3000 engine you will need to get a security key with that option programmed on it, there is no way to get the keyless demo mode to support TTS3000.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Hi,

If I understand you correctlythe RealSpeak TTS starts up automatically when you start Unity.
My problem is that I can´t get my emails read by the TTS.
It only says that there are new emails and when they have been deliverd - nothing else.

Should the TTS System read the emails in the Demo Mode or do I need an extra licence for the TTS System ?

Markus

Not applicable

Yes, the RealSpeak TTS engine works in demo mode no problem. Not sure what you mean by Unity saying the email "has been delivered"... there's no conversation like that.

When you get into your inbox does it offer you the emails and then not play the subject/body (i.e. it says "message 1, an email, the subject is..." and then just skips over it)? Or are emails not presented in the message stack at all. If it's the later, make sure the subscriber you're calling in as is associated with a Class Of Service that has TTS-Email turned on in the Features page (it's not by default).

If it is offering the email but not playing the body, make sure your subscriber is setup as US English (RealSpeak only supports English in 2.4.6). If that's not it, was this system setup with a key before and you've switched into demo mode by removing the key? If so it could be that the TTS registry settings are still configured for TTS3000 and the RealSpeak engine isn't firing up properly.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Hi ,

It´s just as you described :
When I get into my inbox it offers me the emails and then not plays the subject/body !
(i.e. it says "message 1,an email,last Date/Time, to repeat it press "1" ,...." and then just skips over it
- it doesn´t even read the subject !

Markus

Not applicable

It sounds like a different TTS engine had been installed earlier and you switched to demo mode by removing the key or you have a language installed that's not supported by RealSpeak that you're trying to use (i.e. anything besides US English).

Here's a post on how to toast the TTS registry settings and run an upgrade to clean up any problems with the TTS3000 settings hanging out in the registry:

http://avforums.isomedia.com/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=unityent&Number=3767&Search=true&Forum=All_Forums&Words=TTS&Match=Entire Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=50&Old=6months&Main=3763

If you're trying to run another language in demo mode, you're out of luck with TTS. As I mentioned earlier, it's US English only.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

I´ve reinstalled the complete server - W2K SP2, Exchange 5.5 SP4 - Unity 2.4.6(135)ENU - US English - Demo Version - TSP 3.0.0.7 - Tapi connection to CM 3.1.(1).
Text-to-Speach enabled in the Class of Service section.
GUI -Phone & TTS Language : US English

Sorry to say but I´ve got the same problem again
- the emails are not being read by TTS System to me.

Markus

Not applicable

the only other thing that comes to mind is if you're running with G729a codec enabled, try kicking to 711 and seeing if that handles it. Unity is supposed to convert the stream coming out of the TTS engines from 711 to 729a on the fly but there were problems with that for a while (it should work in 135), but it's worth a test if that what you have configured.

If not, I don't know what you have going on. The TTS stuff works fine with the demo (I have 3 of these boxes configured at home right now and all of them play email messages just fine) so something is jammed up somewhere. If there's no error messages in the event logs I can't think of what else to have you look at...

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Hi ,

I´m running G711 codec on my site.
But good news for you -
I reinstalled the server from scratch yesterday evening -
and what an surprise - it´s working now !!!

I didn´t change anything in my installation procedure/files - quite funny or ?

I still have a question :
Is Unity 2.4.6(135) ML also supported for the Demo TTS Mode - GUI & TTS Engine US English & Telephone Language German
or has the complete installation to be US English ?

Markus

Not applicable

You can install 135 without a key and be in demo mode (that just means you can't have more than 5 or so subscribers and 2 ports active). You can install languages with the demo mode but as mentioned the RealSpeak TTS engine which the demo mode is hard coded to only supports US English. You can have TUI and GUI languages set to German or whatever you just wont get TTS support for those languages.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your GREAT HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bye
Markus

Jeff,

I have a little different spin on this problem for you. I have checked the languages of the system, the subscribers, licensing, and COS. Everything looks good. The system was built with a key and it hasn't had an upgrade.

When the system accesses an email to read, it plays the timestamp and then tells me that "the email cannot be read now, please try again later."

The system then says that "system is temporarily unable to complete your call, please try again later" it then hangs up on me.

I am unsure where to look or what to look for now.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Todd Sheetz
todd.sheetz@mot.com

Not applicable

You probably want to start a new thread for this... it's not the same problem as the one we're on here and it's easy for folks like me to lose a message like this in a long line. Just a suggestion.

In your case you need to do a couple things. Look at the startup sequence in the application event log and see if there are any warnings or errors firing up the TTS engine. Then find the error(s) in the event log that correspond to the failsafe conversation (i.e. the "I'm sorry I can't talk to you now..." thing). There is always at least one error when this happens that can sometimes shed some light on how we got there.

Jeff Lindborg
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: