Views
Helpful
Replies

Lab equipment list - Help

skyelsangi
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,

Planning my CCIE voice, have come up with the below list of equipments, can you guys please have a look at it and let me know what is required and what all can I do without.

• MCS-7825H 3GHZ Xeon 2GB MEMORY 40GB HDD ---- 3 servers, 1 for pub, 1 for sub and 1 for Unity/IPCC or second sub

• HP DL320 P3 1.0GHz, 40GB HDD, 1GB Memory---- 1 server for Unity or IPCC

• 7940 Cisco IP Phones with power cubes---- 6 units

• Cisco 2811 with 768/256, 1 WIC2T, 1 PVDM2-8, 1 vwic2-1mft-t1/e1 ---- 3 routers

• Cisco 3550 switch ---- 4 switches

• 4 port PRI simulator from VCONSOLE

• 1 FXO and 1 FXS

Is the above list overkill? Or I am short of some stuff here? I have left out the VG224 and will rent online rack for CAT6509 part.

Kindly advice.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

dezoconnor
Level 4
Level 4

Best you refer to the Lab Eqpt and IOS versions for the CCIE voice track at:

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/ccie/voice/lab_equipment.html

When's your lab exam booked for?

HTH

Thanks, I am looking at a date around September. Are you planning for your lab?

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

A 6608 with the online rental will be fine as is the vg224.

Also, VMWare for your Pub, Sub, Unity and IPCCX will save alot of money and rack space.

(I have all the required steps if you need them for CCM 4.1(x), Unity & IPCCX on VMWare. Let me know and I'll provide ftp access to you to download them)

You may want additional FXOs for each site. (ie: BR1 & BR2)

You'll also need to use bigger PVDM2s than the PVDM2-8. (MTP & conferencing are not supported in configurations you'll need to master; not to mention the PRI(s) will require DSPs.

I suggest to NM-HD-xx with PVDM2-16 minimum for each router. (depending on the number of PRI channels and your mtp/conferencing/transcoding configuration you want to create)

You'll need an IOS that supports IPIPGW and Gatekeeper to practice your h323 & SIP connectivity.

Also, 7940s only have two lines which are not enough to study some of the more advanced features such as multi-lines with hunt and conferencing/call park, etc.

thanks a ton, how can we get in touch??

hey qpulos, can you please let me know the steps to put all this together?

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: