Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Languaje

Hi, I have Unity with 1 languaje license. So I had Unity in English version and I change to spanish as default languaje. <br>To make the change I stopped Unity and then I reinstall but I selected spanish languaje, after the install I can leave a message, I recieve the e-mail with the wav file attachment, MWI works well, but I can't get the messages from the phone. <br>When I call to Unity I get the welcome prompt, then the system ask for my password I dial my password and I listen (in spanish) "sorry the system can't complete your call at this moment, please try again later" and the call disconnect.<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: Languaje

The problem here is all your users and handlers etc... are still setup to use English but you don't have it installed any longer... you can go ahead and install both US English and Spanish and just have Spanish being active (as opposed to ripping English off the hard drive). We really need to make the language migration stuff smoother...

anyway, by default we're setup to send you to failsafe if the language we try to load isn't setup properly. You can change this by setting:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Active Voice\CDE\1.0\RetryDefaultLanguage

to "1"... by default it's 0 (or in older versions not there at all). If you need to create the key, it's a DWORD.

You may need to install US English on the system as well as Spanish in the short term to make sure everything is cool (this wont hurt anything, the language will just be defined so Unity wont freak out on you). You can also use the Bulk Edit utility off my web site to change all call handlers and subscribers over to Spanish quickly.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies