Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

LDAP Access Error when loging into CAR, CCM 4.1(3)

The subject pretty much sums this one up. When I try and log on to CAR I get a LDAP Access Error and once again the computer tells me to talk to myself(says contact your system administrator). I have uninstalled and reinstalld CAR. i didn't expect that to fix it and it didn't. I have tried both my AD user account and the super special Local account on the CCM server. Both encounter the Ldap Access error. MLA is working otherwise. I can log into CCMadmin just fine. In MLA my account has full access to all the functional groups.

Hopefully somebody can point me in the right direction. I have got my fingers crossed for an easy fix.

Jeremy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: LDAP Access Error when loging into CAR, CCM 4.1(3)

I want to look at the art.ini and please. Also do the following procedure:

1. Go to Directory>>cisco.com>>users and delete the Group ARTAdmin or CiscoAdminRepAdminGroupUsers from AD. You will see either ARTAdmin or ciscoadminrepadmingroupusers. Not both.

2. Log into ART using admin/admin

3. Assign Administrator rights to the user who would be the ART Administrator

4. Log in using the new ART Administrator Id.

What is the version of CCM and CAR?

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

I want to look at the art.ini and please. Also do the following procedure:

1. Go to Directory>>cisco.com>>users and delete the Group ARTAdmin or CiscoAdminRepAdminGroupUsers from AD. You will see either ARTAdmin or ciscoadminrepadmingroupusers. Not both.

2. Log into ART using admin/admin

3. Assign Administrator rights to the user who would be the ART Administrator

4. Log in using the new ART Administrator Id.

What is the version of CCM and CAR?

below is the art.ini

[artdatabase]

driver=sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver

url=jdbc:odbc:art

database=art

owner=dbo

[install]

root=C:\CiscoWebs\art

Thanks that did the trick. CCM version 4.1(3) CDR version 4.1(0.32).

Thanks for the clear instructions. That seems to be my biggest problem with Cisco. The documentation is all either very high level or very detailed and hard to figure how they relate.

Jeremy

Hi,

Thanks for the Informaion.We had the same issue in one of the customer place but after deleting and logging in to CDR.Still we have the same problem.we got the same error message LDAP acess error.we have ADS integration.Let me know how to proceed further.Thanks n advance.

Regards

Madhu

Views
Helpful
Replies