Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

LDAP and CallManger

Can I manage CallManager out of Active Directory with LDAP? For instance... if added a new user in Active Directory, can I assign an extension to that user and CallManger will update? Or this only a one way trust, where CallManger only updates it's directory information from AD?

Thanks much!

Tommer

3 REPLIES

Re: LDAP and CallManger

It is possible to update CCM from AD and vice versa. When you poplulate the phone field on the General tab in User properties in AD, CCM will use this as the user's extension. Below is a guide to installing and configuring the Customer Directory Configuration Plugin which sets up AD as the directory for CCM.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_installation_and_configuration_guide09186a00800b5dff.html

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Thanks Brandon. It somewhat answers my question. I guess in a large enviroment, the admin would have to consult the call manager to see what DID's is open to be assigned to the new users in AD. If the admin created a new account and assinged a DID that is in use, does it flag it, or have some sort of drop down menu for availabe extensions?

Thanks much!

Tommer

No, there is no flag. You can assign the same extension/phone number to multiple users with no complaint from AD/CallManager. The Route Plan Report quickly becomes your best friend in this scenario. Go to CCM Admin->Route Plan->Route Plan Report->View In File. This will dump your route plan into Excel. From this report, you can see which DNs are assigned and where they are assigned.

Thanks,

Brandon

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content