Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

LDAP configuration

hello,

i need to integrate my 3.2(2c) callmanager with LDAP server, and could not find a document how to do so and how to configure it on the callmanager.

does anyone have a good documentation or experience with a succeful integreation ?

need help back here, thank you all. Kito

2 REPLIES

Re: LDAP configuration

hi

Cisco CallManager uses an Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) directory to store

authentication and authorization information about users of Cisco CallManager applications, which

interface with the Cisco CallManager. Authentication establishes the user right to access the system,

while authorization identifies the telephony resources that a user is permitted to use, such as a specific

telephone extension.

When you install the directory plugin, a prompt asks you to integrate the directory with one of the

following enterprise LDAP directories:

• Microsoft Active Directory (AD)

• Netscape Directory Server

After the LDAP directory configuration completes, you can use the Corporate Directory service on your

Cisco IP Phone Model 7940 or 7960 to look up users in the corporate directory. You can also upload

completed workflow application files to the directory. The application server downloads the files to run

workflow applications when you use the administration client to start a specific application.

Useful URL

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/570/avvid/voice_ip/cm_xml/downloads/LDAPSearch_Programming_Guide.doc

MP

Re: LDAP configuration

Thanks for your answer, few more things:

1.should i install the directory pludin on the callmanager server ( the publisher and the subscriber) or on the LDAP server?

2.also, if it should be on the CCM , is there anything i should do on the LDAP sever?

3.what happen when i already have user on my 'user -> Global Directory' and i want to use the LDAP, should i earese the Global Directory, or change something on the ccm?

thanks, Kito

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content