Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

LDAP & Corporate Dir

Are there any instructions available for using LDAP to link in as the corporate directory? I want to use it just for the tlephone appearance of extensions, not interested in the personal assistant. I would like the directory to be dynamic, and originate from my exchange server where we keep users extensions as part of their profile.

4 REPLIES

Re: LDAP & Corporate Dir

There are a number of documents on CCO that show what is required. Run a seach on LDAP.

I understand there are a number of docs on it. I was hoping to find someone who had done with success, on a small scale. There are perhaps TOO many docs on it, and filtering through is tedious, at best.

What kind of LDAP directory are you running/ do you intend to run? DC, AD openLDAP, ??? ? What documentation you read depends partly on what LDAP directory you are using as you need to customize the directory for the phones, and customization can be different for different server implementations of LDAP.

Does anyone have a list of the pros and cons of using one type of LDAP server over another?

Brandon

I'd like to pull LDAP information out of the exchange server (v5.5) as Unity does. That would allow me a centralized depository to keep updated with users names and extensions. The only other database I keep with extensions is in an access database, and I'd have to figure out LDAP for that, if its even possible.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content