Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

LDAP Search COM errors

I'm using the SDK LDAP Search COM Server to try and create a corporate directory from Active Directory rather than the CCM directory. I have installed the SDK on a seperate server than either my CallManager cluster or my AD server, and have used the sample asp files to create a customised search. My problem is whenever the program hits a line that actually searches, eg:

Obj.SearchByPhoneNumber(telephoneNumber);

where Obj is defined as

new ActiveXObject(LDAPSEARCH.LDAPSearchList);

I get "Operations error (-7ff5ffff)". This happens with a SearchByName(), SearchByPhoneNumber() etc. I can't seem to get around this, or find out more about the error code. It might have something to do with the fact that in the sample scripts, the ActiveXObject is defined as

new ActiveXObject(LDAPSEARCH.LDAPSearchList.1);

However, if I use this, I get "Automation server can't create object (-7ff5fe53)" before I even get to the search lines.

Can anyone help me with this, as it's driving me batty!!

Cheers.

K

7 REPLIES

Re: LDAP Search COM errors

That code in the SDK has an error. Try changing new ActiveXObject(LDAPSEARCH.LDAPSearchList.1); to

ActiveXObject(LDAPSEARCH.LDAPSearchList);

Cheers for that, but I'm using the ActiveXObject(LDAPSEARCH.LDAPSearchList) line instead of the ActiveXObject(LDAPSEARCH.LDAPSearchList.1). That's how I got past the object creation error. Is the error I'm recieving now (operations error:

-2146828287 [or -7ff5ffff when converted to string]) an SDK error, an ASP error or a JavaScript error? I thought it was from the SDK, but now I'm not 100% sure. Do you know of any other bugs in the SDK code?

Does the SDK automatically bind to the LDAP server or is there another step involved? I can authenticate myself and everything else, but NONE of the search functions work - they all return the same error.

Thanks,

K

I had a CreateObject error and changed the LDAPSEARCH.LDAPSearchList.1); to

ActiveXObject(LDAPSEARCH.LDAPSearchList);

But now I am getting a Error no such object-7ff5ffe0

Any suggestions?

I had similar problems. Try changing it to LDAPSearch.LDAPSearchList. If you notice, the "earch" is lower case. That seemed to make the difference for me. I still haven't been able to get the search to work properly, but I am not getting any object errors at this point. Good luck (to both of us).

I have gotten this script to work. See my active directory post.

LDAP Search COM errors

Hi Patrick it seems like you wrote your post a long time ago I did a deep search but I can´t find your post so I can see the script you made, because I have the same problem of Operations error (-7ff5ffff) could you tell me where can I find your script or post? Thanks a lot!

I'm having the same issue. In my case it seems to be related to the search base. If I set the search base to the root of the directory, I get the Operations Error. If I point the base to an ou below the root, I don't get the error. Has anyone had any luck solving this problem?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content