cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Leave Word Calling

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

Is anyone familiar with "Leave Word Calling" From what I understand is it is a mini-voice mail type thing. Can anyone tell me exactly what it is. I have a client that has one person in an organization (a top level person) who will not go with CM/Unity if he can't use his "Leave Word". The message indicator is seperate from the VM indicator. I would appreciate any info if possible.

3 Replies 3

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is a feature on some Avaya phone systems...

Leave Word Calling (LWC) allows internal system users to leave a short preprogrammed message for other internal users. When the message is stored, the Automatic Message Waiting lamp on the called telephone lights. Users can retrieve LWC messages using a telephone display, Voice Messaging Retrieval, or AUDIX. Messages may be retrieved in English , French , Italian , Spanish , or a user-defined language .

Will the Interview Handler in Unity sort of simulate this function?

My recommendation would to be to find out HOW the LWC is being used on their site. Get an example of how it's being used. What does it do for the client? Who initiates it and who retrieves it? Then, we'll have a better clue of how Unity might be able to implement something similar in the CCM integration.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: