Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Legacy PBX to Legacy PBX over IP

Hello,

I would like to put together a solution to eliminate our T1 circuits used just for voice and consolidate to our IP network. I have tried Circuit Emulation cards and have not been happy with the results (mainly echo problems). I am interested in trying to set up two routers as voice gateways between the two PBXs. From the Cisco docs I have read, using a VWIC-2MFT-T1 I should be able to configure it as an E&M tie line and then transfer it across the IP network. Do I also need PVDSPs? Has anyone done this and have any recommendations. The two PBXs are connected with tie lines now using service provider T1s.

Much abliged,

Lorn

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: Legacy PBX to Legacy PBX over IP

Hi Lorn,

We do use 2811's with the VWIC2-2MFT-T1/E1 quite nicely (not for your exact setup but I don't see any problems :) you will require DSP Resources, PVDM2-32 (for 1 T1) or PVDM2-64 (for 2 T1's)

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/modules/ps2617/products_configuration_example09186a008052c920.shtml#Components

Hope this helps!

Rob

Views
Helpful
Replies