Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

License Error During Import

I imported 163 users. During that import I had 3 errors. After finding the errors I tried to re-import but got the error "No Active Assistant licenses available". I then tried to import from within Unity and recieved a similar error. I can no longer add users. Help!<br><br>

4 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: License Error During Import

The error message means what it says... you're out of AA licenses for the Class of Service you're trying to associate those users with. Either use a different Class of Service, uncheck AA for that class of service or purchase some more AA licenses.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

A key dump claims I have 0 available of 0 AA licenses. I am curious how I was able import 161 users without any AA licenses? So that I have this straight:

1) AA is an extra charge feature.
2) AA is used to manage your voicemail box via the web.
3) Without it, a user will have to dial in to their voicemail to change personal settings.

Am I correct?

Anonymous
N/A

I'm not sure what's charged for and how much it is but yes, if you don't have any AA licenses for your COS, subscribers will not be able to access the web to edit their mailbox. When a user accesses the AA we check their COS for this right before letting them in.

It could just have been a key programming error or something.

If you were importing users with different subscriber templates, it's possible those other template were referencing other COS objects without the AA enabled (just a guess). If you look at the COS object you're using does it also indicate there are 0 licenses total or does it just say 0 available X used?

Either way, if you're out of licenses and you need more, you need to get an in field update code to add more to your key.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Now that I shut AA off it says Total=0, Used=0, Available=0.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content