Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

License for Meeting Place server

Hi all,

I just install two Meeting place 8.5 servers with active and standby mode. Now i add the license to allow more user access conference.

I seach and get this information :

• For an audio-only deployment or a web conferencing deployment with MeetingPlace scheduling:
    • Licenses require the hardware MAC address of the active (and if  applicable) the standby Application Server. For virtual machines, the  Cisco Unified MeetingPlace system creates a Licensing MAC address for  each Application Server.
    • Install the license file on only the Application Server(s). Do not install a license file on any other machine.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_Unified_MeetingPlace_Release_8.5_--_Licenses_for_your_Cisco_Unified_MeetingPlace_System

So i must add license on two servers or just active server ?

Thanks

Khoilm

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
3 REPLIES
Bronze

You should have two license files.  One for each Application Server as each has their own MAC address.  The last time I had to add a license file to the standby server it had to be in active mode to accept the license file.

Hope this helps

John

Dear John,

Thanks for your reply.

I will user " MP8-AUDIO" for active server and MP8-AUDIO-FO for standby server. With MP8-AUDIO-10 part , i must use 10 on each server.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Thanks John

Bronze

I think the SKU for the failover server is MP8-FAILOVER.  For MP 8.5 the audio user license SKU is now MP8X-USR-1 and the minimum order amount is 10.  This will provide 10 concurrent meetings with any number of participants.

Hope this helps.

John

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.