Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

License SYncher

Jeff Lindborg wrote>><br>There's a tech note (that I can't get access to from here and I don't trust my memory for the details) describing how to "stub" the license syncer out so it wont run every night<br><br>>>We need to know how to do this. Any idea where this information can be found.<br><br>

1 REPLY
Anonymous
N/A

Re: License SYncher

OK… I had to install 2.4.6 this morning to run some tests so I ran through this again to make sure I got it right. Just a couple of steps here…

First, create a simple batch file called, say, “STUB.BAT”. Stick one command in there so it’s a valid batch file such as:

PRINT “Done”

Just be sure to double click on it and make sure you don’t get an error… the print command will just flash a DOS box real quick and then quit.

Put this batch file in the \Commserver installation directory. Now go to the registry to:

HKLM\Software\Active Voice\Arbiter\1.0\Sytem Configuration\

You’ll see a key there called “License Counter”. It’ll default to c:\commserver\LicenceSyncher.exe”. Change that key to point to “c:\commserver\stub.bat” instead.

This should do the trick. Be aware that your license count may get out of sync on you here (i.e. if you have folks deleting subscribers in Exchange directly) so be sure to run the proper LiceneSyncher.exe from the Unity program group from time to time when you can be there to make sure it terminates OK. Consider upgrading to 2.4.6 soon…

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content