Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Licensing for Cisco Telepresence and Cisco Unified Communications Manager

Hi,

I have a client who recently did an CUCM upgrade from ver 7.1.4 to ver 8.6.  The 2 CUCM's are only for their Telepresence environment (1 Pub and 1 Sub).  We are going to add an additional CTS 1300 onto the network but I am confused as to the licensing process.  The old way we had DLU's per CTS unit.  Can I still use DLU's to add this new endpoint onto the CUCM 8.6 or do I have to upgrade all licensing to CUWL/UCL?   It also seems like the old licensing took when we upgraded to ver 8.6.

Thanks!

Mike

4 REPLIES

Re: Licensing for Cisco Telepresence and Cisco Unified Communica

Hi,

When you upgrade to UCM 7.1.5 or later, you're now under UCL licensing. If you have enough remaining units (System-> Licensing -> License Unit Report) to register the CTS 1300, then you're fine. If you need units, then you have to purchase a Single Screen Telepresence license (LIC-TP-SGL-SRN).

Hope to help,

- Adrian.

Thanks Adrian!

Which part number would I use for the top level UCL licensing:

CUCM-USR-LSC-ADD

of

CUCM-USR-LSC

I ask because when I use the CUCM-USR-LSC it tells me I have to purchase a minimum of 50 of the lic-tp-sgl-srn licenses (also says in lieu of a UCL license).  Not sure if this is the case or a bug in the configurator but when I use the CUCM-USR-LSC-ADD it lets me do a qty of 1 for the lic-tp-sgl-srn without any issue.  Not sure what the difference between the 2 CUCM-USR-LSC part numbers are.

Thanks,

Mike

You have to use L-CUCM-USR-LIC-ADD. You can add the telepresence licenses under CUCM Video and TelePresence User Licensing.

Hope to help, please remember to rate helpful posts

Kind regards,

- Adrian.

Hi Adrian,

Thank you very much!  Think that solved the issue!

Warm Regards,

Mike

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content