Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Cisco Support Community site will be in read only mode on Dec14, 2017 from 12:01am PST to 11:30am for standard maintenance. Sorry for the inconvenience.

licensing with Call Manager 5.0

Hi,

can you help me with licensing IP phones on Call Manager 5.0?

I can take server with CallManager sofware and I don't need any license.

Otherwise, I can take this product:

LIC-CM-DL-10= CallManager Device License - 10 units

I 5.0 version every phone have number of units. So, does it mean, that I can take one 7940G (which have 4 units) and after that I still have 6 units. Next time, if I take one more 7940G, I don't need to take any more licenses. Am I right?

Thanks a lot,

Vlaho

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: licensing with Call Manager 5.0

Hi Vlaho,

This shouldn't be too bad. Once you have recieved the License file, here is the method to Upload it to CCM 5.0;

Uploading a License file

Use the following procedure to upload a license file to the Cisco Unified CallManager server with the matching MAC address that is provided when requesting for a license file.The Cisco Unified CallManager server where the license file is loaded takes on the functionality of the license manager.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note Upload the license file only on the first node of Cisco Unified CallManager cluster.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Procedure

Step 1 Choose System > License > Upload License File.

The License File Upload window displays.

Step 2 The Existing License Files drop-down list box displays the license files that are already uploaded to the server.

Note Click View File to view the file content of any existing files.

Step 3 To choose a new license file to upload, click Upload License File.

The Upload File pop-up window displays.

Step 4 Browse and choose a license file to upload to the server.

Step 5 Click Upload License File.

After the upload process is complete, the Upload Result file displays.

Step 6 Click Close.

Step 7 In the License File Upload window, the status of the uploaded file displays.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080633230.html#wp1049590

Hope this helps! And best of luck with your install!

Rob

5 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Vlaho,

You are right on the money$. In your scenario you would still have 2 DLU's left over after adding the second 7940. Here is some more detailed info;

Device licenses are required for Cisco devices and for third-party devices, with the flexibility to replace third-party devices with Cisco devices. Device licenses are sold in increments of device-license units (DLU's). Device-license units are assigned to each device connected to Cisco Unified CallManager 5.0. Each device is assigned a unit number based on the type and capabilities of the device. Devices with more complex and high-end capabilities are assigned a higher number of units compared to devices with basic capabilities,

Here is the DLU breakdown;

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7902G = 1

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7905G = 2

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7911G = 3

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7912G = 3

Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7920 (no battery) = 4

Cisco Unified IP Conference Station 7936 = 3

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7940G = 4

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7941G = 4

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7941G-GE = 4

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7960G = 4

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7961G = 4

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7961G-GE = 4

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7970G = 5

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7971G = 5

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7985G = 6

Third-party SIP device (basic) = 3 (third-party)

Third-party SIP device (advanced) = 6 (third-party

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_qanda_item0900aecd805009fc.shtml

Here is another excellent doc;

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/765/tools/quickreference/ipphones.pdf

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

thanks a lot. Is upgrade of these licenses for a new phones complicated?

Well, I am going to install Call Manager 5.0 for the first time so I'm tring to prepare for that big step, because I didn't work with unix.

Regards,

Vlaho

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Vlaho,

This shouldn't be too bad. Once you have recieved the License file, here is the method to Upload it to CCM 5.0;

Uploading a License file

Use the following procedure to upload a license file to the Cisco Unified CallManager server with the matching MAC address that is provided when requesting for a license file.The Cisco Unified CallManager server where the license file is loaded takes on the functionality of the license manager.

Note Upload the license file only on the first node of Cisco Unified CallManager cluster.

Procedure

Step 1 Choose System > License > Upload License File.

The License File Upload window displays.

Step 2 The Existing License Files drop-down list box displays the license files that are already uploaded to the server.

Note Click View File to view the file content of any existing files.

Step 3 To choose a new license file to upload, click Upload License File.

The Upload File pop-up window displays.

Step 4 Browse and choose a license file to upload to the server.

Step 5 Click Upload License File.

After the upload process is complete, the Upload Result file displays.

Step 6 Click Close.

Step 7 In the License File Upload window, the status of the uploaded file displays.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a0080633230.html#wp1049590

Hope this helps! And best of luck with your install!

Rob

Thanks a lot Rob!!

Regards,

Vlaho

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Vlaho,

You are most welcome :) Thanks for the nice rating!

Rob

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content