cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Licensing

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have a quick question about Licensing for Unity. We are currently working with a customer that want to roll out Unity (voicemail only) for 3500 users. My current configuration would have a one server as the Unity primary, one server as a failover server, and One for the message store. When I purchase Unity from Cisco. Is all the licensing required for Exchange included. Or should I be purchasing this seperate.<br><br>Adam Farrell<br>Technical Support Engineer<br>TELUS National Systems

3 Replies 3

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

All of the licensing for a Stand Alone Unity is included with the copy of Exchange we ship. If your customer is going to be running Unified Messaging they will need to buy their own copy of Exchange and CALs.

Also, we only ship the Standard Edition of Exchange which is limited to a single 16 GB data store. If you need more than 16 GB of message store you or the customer will need to get the Enterprise Edition of Exchange which Cisco does not OEM.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

I have asked several people within Cisco and no one can give me a straight answer. We are currently working on a quote for 72 port Unity with Failover. The Message store will be housed in a third server. The question is does Unity ship with the Enterprise version of Exchange, or is this something that I should be getting on my own.

Adam Farrell
Technical Support Engineer
TELUS National Systems

We do not ship (OEM) Exchange 2000 Enterprise Server with Unity at this time. You will need to provide your own copy.

Keith

Keith Chambers
Unity Technical Lead
Unified Voice Team, San Jose
Cisco Systems