cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lighting Message Light On New Email

ischarcm
Level 1
Level 1

Using unity 3.1 have had no problems with VM lamps lighting when receiving voicemails... However, am starting to really play around with the full unified messaging. I sent an email but my lamp did night light.. I also tested with a few other users, same result. The email was converted and "read" via unity as it should be, and it did annouce "one new email" when you logged in... Just no light.... Is there a way for the light to come on via an email?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

the message waiting light is only turned on for unread voice mail - not email or faxes. In a typical email envioronment the light would never go out if we left it on with one or more unread emails (mine would have been on since last June sometime...).

You can trigger notifications (dial outs, pagers...) on emails but the MWI light is reserved for voice mail messages only.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

This is working as designed. Unity will not light MWI for normal email messages, only for voicemail message.

Thanks,

Keith

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

the message waiting light is only turned on for unread voice mail - not email or faxes. In a typical email envioronment the light would never go out if we left it on with one or more unread emails (mine would have been on since last June sometime...).

You can trigger notifications (dial outs, pagers...) on emails but the MWI light is reserved for voice mail messages only.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: