Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lighting MWI for a virtual subscriber?

Hello

We have two virtual subscribers within our Unity system. These virtual subscribers have no physical phone or extension, just a voicemail box. I've currently got these two mailboxes configured to send VMI emails to two different people to notify them when new mail arrives in these boxes. Is it possible to have Unity light the MWI on the phones belonging to the two people in charge of checking these two virtual subscribers? Thanks, also, this Unity system is integrated with Callmanager3.3.

Thanks again

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Re: Lighting MWI for a virtual subscriber?

my point was that it's not virtual in that you guys are paying for a licensed subscriber and not using an internet subscriber which is free but does not have a mailbox resource.

you should be able to hit add, input the Id and then hit save... for whatever reason it only lets you add one at a time unlike the alternate extensions - you have to save each one you add one at a time.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Well, these aren't "virtual" subscribers to Unity - presumably you have a real subscriber hooked up to a real mailbox here.

Each subscriber can kick out up to 10 different MWI codes - you can set this on the "messages" page for that subscriber in the SA web pages - it should just be a matter of entering the extensions of the phones you want to light the lamps for and you're done. Dealing with dual integrations is a little trickier but that doesn't sound like the case here.

Well, they are Virtual Subscribers...they are not real people, and do not have any phone which really rings....just a mailbox for general sales and network questions. Under the MWI portion of the messages menu, it just has an X in the MWI field. I tried to add my real extension to this, 211, and when I hit ADD, it just clears the field and does not report any error or anything. How should i configure this to light the MWI on my phone at ext 211. Thanks

Cisco Employee

my point was that it's not virtual in that you guys are paying for a licensed subscriber and not using an internet subscriber which is free but does not have a mailbox resource.

you should be able to hit add, input the Id and then hit save... for whatever reason it only lets you add one at a time unlike the alternate extensions - you have to save each one you add one at a time.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content