cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Line cut when transfering from Unity to a Route Point

j.bilodeau
Level 1
Level 1

IPCC 2.2.When I transfered a call from Unity to a Route Point that goes to a script, the line cut, but not always. Any idea?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

aslam
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

First, are you doing a Supervised Transfer or a Blind Transfer from Unity?

Second, How many CTI Ports are associated with the Route Point?

In case you are doing a Blind Transfer from Unity and all the CTI Ports are in use, your call may get dropped.

Also, its good to make sure you are using the correct TSP and JTAPI clients.

let me know,

Aslam.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

aslam
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

First, are you doing a Supervised Transfer or a Blind Transfer from Unity?

Second, How many CTI Ports are associated with the Route Point?

In case you are doing a Blind Transfer from Unity and all the CTI Ports are in use, your call may get dropped.

Also, its good to make sure you are using the correct TSP and JTAPI clients.

let me know,

Aslam.

Hi Aslam, I'm doing a blind transfer and I do have enough cti ports. From my call handler I have 5 different choices that are transfer via other call transfer that goes to my route point. From the cti route point it goes to the basic acd script . Unity tells me that the call is being transfer and then it drops. It's not always happening. That's what upset me. Thanks, Johanne

Hi Johanne,

So you have 5 different choices on your call handler, out of which one goes to the Route Point (is that right?).

When you say its not always happening, you mean to say, even though you perform the same actions sometimes the call goes into the script and sometimes it dosent, let me know if I am assuming right. If this is the case, then we need to check the call manager traces at the same time and see what is happening, you can also enable traces on the ICD and check if the call is even hitting it.

let me know how it goes or if you need more information on how to do it.

Aslam.

Hi Aslam, that was fast. You understood very welll my poor english. I love your idea of the traces for the icd to check if the call did hit. Unfortunalty, i'm not really familiar with the trace. I would appreciate if you could give me some info on it. Your thinking is very good because I did post the same question on the unified forum and I've been told to either use supervised transfer or add a pause on the transfer dial string. So maybe the call doesn't even go there like you said. I'm going back to the customer tomorrow (it's midnight here), so I really would like to check the trace. I really do appreciate you effort to help me.

Johanne

Hi Johanne,

The following link tell you exactly what you need to do:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_tech_note09186a00801c6748.shtml

Hope it helps,

Aslam.

Just for a test you might want to add a one second delay step right before your accept step in your script.

Hi Aslam, I wanted to thank you for your help. Since I added the pause in the transfert dial string of Unity, I didn't have any drop calls. Thanks again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: