cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Line Err Secs and Degraded Mins in Show Controller T1 on PRI Voice CIrcuit

NPT_2
Level 2
Level 2

I need to know what the acceptable maximum numbers would be in a show controller T1 output for errors. I know ideally they should all be zero, but in my area I have yet to see a carrier deliver a totally error free circuit. For an example question, would 36 error seconds with a few line code violations in a 24 hour period on a PRI voice circuit be acceptable and not cause noticable voice quality degradation, or should it be something that could be causing noticable issues and should be addressed with the telco providing the circuit. Also for the degraded minute output does every minute in that field corespond to any minute that has a single error in it or is that a totally separate test?

1 Reply 1

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

I would rather use higher level voice quality tools like Voice Health Monitor to determine the impact on voice quality before diagnosing the link layer problems.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: