cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Line Groups/Hunt List/Hunt Pilot

ciscospfnd
Level 1
Level 1

I have set up 2 Line Groups, 1 Hunt List and a Hunt Pilot. The first group responds and if no one is available is set to roll over the second line group. Sometimes I need to be able to forward an extension from one line group to an external number (a cell, a land line not in the CM, etc.). I tried with Forward All from the extension itself, or with FNC but the extension, when used in the hunt line call it doesn't fwd.

Any idea?

Thanks.

(CM 4.1sr3)

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

H Ciprian,

Unfortunately this is expected behaviour.Have a look at the following which describes how the settings on individual member phones are ignored;

The concept of hunting differs from that of call forwarding. Hunting allows Cisco CallManager to extend a call to one or more lists of numbers, where each such list can specify a hunting order that is chosen from a fixed set of algorithms. When a call extends to a hunt party from these lists and the party fails to answer or is busy, hunting resumes with the next hunt party. (The next hunt party varies depending on the current hunt algorithm.) Hunting thus ignores the Call Forward No Answer (CFNA) or Call Forward Busy (CFB) settings for the attempted party. This also applies to CFWD ALL settings.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00803edabe.html#wp1078922

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

I got the concept. Do you have an idea how could I involve external lines in the hunting process?

Hi Ciprian,

Sorry man, I wasn't trying to say that you didn't understand the concept :( you probably know more about it than I ever will.I was only explaining why the CFWD doesn't work. I can't set this up right now, but have you tried this setting on the **Hunt Pilot? Have a look;

Hunt Pilot

Forward Hunt No Answer

When the call distributed through the hunt list is not answered in a specific period of time, this field specifies the destination to forward the call.

Choose from the following options:

Use Personal Preferences Use this check box to enable the Call Forward No Coverage (CFNC) settings for the original called number that forwarded the call to this hunt pilot.

The CFNC setting specifies a call forwarding reason that you administer in the Directory Number Configuration window. Calls get diverted based on the value in the directory number's Coverage/Destination field when a call to the directory number first diverts to coverage, and coverage either exhausts or times out, and the associated hunt pilot for coverage specifies Use Personal Preferences for its final forwarding.

Note When this check box is checked, Cisco CallManager ignores the settings in the Destination box and Calling Search Space.

**Destination This setting indicates the directory number to which calls are forwarded.

**Calling Search Space This setting applies to all devices that are using this directory number.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00802dea4c.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the reply and there was no problem on explaining me about the Hunt Pilot and the rest: this is why I posted the ad because I was looking for an answer, that might come after several Reply-Reply messages. Unfortunately, this way it doesn't work for me, because I have 2 Line Groups and the "external extensions" have to respond while the call is broadcasted on the first Line Group and not at the end of the Hunt list (thus AFTER the second Line group). The "Use Personal Preferences" I already use for forwarding the unanswered calls to a VM box, specific to the original extension called.

My syntesis of problem is: how to add (include) external numbers (in-)to a Line Group!

Thanks again

Ciprian

Hi Ciprian

have you found a solution now? I've got the same needs as you.

Regards

Peter

I use a not very orthodox solution since one based on CM features I didn't find: I setup the end-user with an IPC and a usb phone compatible with IPC. The problem that this is working only with the laptop ON and the IPC active, while not possible if the user is on the road.

Ciprian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: