Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Line Labels

Has anyone heard anything further about Line Labels on individual lines in CM 3.1 for 7960/7940's?

There used to be a field under each line for Line Label, so that instead of the DN number appearing as line 1, you could make it say "Line 1" or "Ring All" or whatever you wanted; the field never worked and Cisco removed it in 3.0(7) or 3.0(8).

I get a lot of complaints about this and it's one of my personal pet peeves. I wouldn't think it is too hard to fix, but i'm not a programmer.

There is a bug/feature request in for this, but it;s been stagnant since 3.0(2) or so.

Tim Medley

Network Architect

VoIP Group

iReadyWorld

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Line Labels

As far as I know this is still not happening.

I would not expect the capability to have a line label on the phone be configurable until sometime next year, about 2 releases out from now or more.

If I can get an update from marketing I will let you know.

Dave,

Thanks for the update.

Do you have any idea why something as simple as this has been pushed off so far?

Tim Medley

Hello,

we are looking for the same features...!!

We are waiting for the feature request.

We should need it so much..because some of our personal has many lines and has to answer in different way on each of them.

I saw that there is an add-on hardware for the 79xx ip phone that support it.

I don't rememeber now the model, it is a line expander.

Let's keep in touch.

Thanks,

Alessandro Dellino

Key Networks Srl.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content