Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Line Monitoring

I have some users that just want to be able to monitor other's extension status. They only want to be able to see if they are on the line or not. They don't want their phone ring, flash or do anything when calls are made to those extensions they are monitoring. They especially don't want it to show up as a missed call when those extensions receive a call.

Is this possible?

4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: Line Monitoring

Hi Clinton,

This is a question that most of us who run CCM (this is available in CME) have asked at one point or another when it comes to shared lines. You will be able to accomplish everything you want here except for the "Call History" issue. You can setup shared lines and use the Ring disable line setting so that incoming calls do not ring or flash on the secondary line appearances.

The only thing that I have seen that mitigates the "Call History" issue that you have noted is in this good post from Fred;

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Telephony&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1ddc3fac/0#selected_message

The only other thing you could do is to use Attendant Console, but I doubt if this is what you are wanting.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts.....

Rob,

I have another post on the forums that explain an issue I'm having regarding this. Customer is running CCM 4.2(3). Shared lines on a 7914 have ring settings disabled which makes the 7960 not ring when the shared line rings, but the 7960 still flashes the call info on the LCD screen. How do we get rid of that?

I have done this many times in the past on earlier versions, such as 3.x, 4.0, and 4.1, but now on 4.2(3), the LCD on the phone flashes the call info for the ringing shared line on the 7914.

Thanks,

Kevin

Hall of Fame Super Red

Hi Kevin,

Unfortunately, this is still a fact of life with Shared Lines on CCM. There is not a monitor feature (like you are looking for) such as the one you can set up on CME. Here is a note from one of the newest CCM docs;

Call information (such as calling party or called party) displays on all devices that are sharing a line. If one of the devices turns on the Privacy feature, other devices that share the line will not see outbound calls that are made from the device that turned on privacy. All devices will still see inbound calls to the shared line.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008053226d.html#wp1032009

Sorry Kevin, but I hope this helps!

Rob

PS. I tested this just to make sure :( on our lab 3.3.5

Please remember to rate helpful posts....

Bronze

I'm on 4.1(3) but I understand that on 4.2 and 5.0 there is a feature called Busy Lamp Field. You might want to check this out. My understanding of BLF is that you can see the status of the line but no Caller ID is displayed which should fix the calls showing up in the directory, but I haven't tested it so I'm not sure.

Larry

Views
Helpful
Replies