cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

List of AXL bugs

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

We all know AXL isn't exactly as great as it's hyped to be and since we're all bound to run into the same issues, why not compile a list of what's wrong. It'll also make pressuring Cisco into fixing AXL once and for all easier.

So I'll go first:

User: the <firstname> and <lastname> element are written <firstName> and <lastName> respectively when you make a getUser despite the documentation saying otherwise. adduser and updateuser use the proper notation.

CCM Version: 4.1.3

35 Replies 35

CMM 4.2

This is a minor issue but it needed correction for Apache Axis.

When issuing an UpdateLineReq without a pattern there is an error in the definition of GetNumPlanPattern.

if you don't set a pattern Axis generates an nil pattern element. And Call Manager will then throw an error.

This is from

this shuold be modified so that axis will not generate a pattern element at all by changing the def to:

(I probably could have taken out the nillable="true" , but it doesn't really matter).

Phew, somebody has been busy :)

I have some new ones as well:

CCM 4.1.3

getPhone: there's no phoneTemplate in the response but a phoneTemplateID.I suppose that applies to other elements as well but in some instances, the name is returned instead of the actual element (if anybody can figure out a logic on that please do let me know)

addPhone: I can't get the interface to stop complaining when I add a element.. I added it just below and the response is: misspelled or out of order.. so I tried before userLocale, and I got the same error. The string is a 1:1 copy from one I got from a getPhone.If I leave out the parameter I have no problem adding a new device.

Hmm.. where's the delete post button? Turns out my DB was buggered and the phone I was using as a template, while working, couldn't be modified anymore.

If you're still having a problem with the addPhone here's snippet of a valid SOAP call the CM 4.1.3 was happy with.

Argentina

Student

false

1BBAABCD

The valid values... or so it appears are in AXLEnums.xsd in simpleType XCountry

Have you checked to see if the value coming out of CM is in that list?

Have you tried setting both user locale and network locale in the addPhone?

If I follow up the addPhone with an updatePhone and set the network locale there.. no problem whatsoever.

I just tried... it seems to work.

here's the snippet. I'm attaching the addPhoneReq as well.

English United States

Argentina

Student

false

2BBAABCD

I'll send you one of my commands when I'm through with testing. Right now I have another one in 4.1.3

The docu says digitDiscardInstruction/digitDiscardInstructionName is a mandatory field in a getRoutePattern response. Yet all my route patterns return neither element.

The same also applies to the routeFilter/routeFilterName element. The funny thing is that if you do a getRoutePattern and do not use the uuid as identifier, the service expects a routePartition or it'll return the usual "expected element not found" error.. so basically I have to give an empty routeFilterName string and then I get back an XML document without any routeFilter* elements.

And the fun just keeps on going when I turn to the addRoutePattern command. Of course, when I use addRoutePattern, it won't work without a digitDiscardInstruction* and routeFilter*. But if I add an empty digitDiscardInstructionName and routeFilterName element, the command succeeds even though neither element is declared as nullable.

well, in my case Switzerland still gives me the following AXL error:

Unexpected element. Found <networkLocale>. This element may be misspelled or out of order.

thanks!

It appears Call Manager doesn't like our network locale ;) I haven't bothered to try another yet.. have you?

I seem to have gotten this to work okay... Can both of you post your soap payloads... I may be able to shed some light... or at least commiserate :)

soaprequest = "http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"" xmlns:xsi=""http://www.w3.org/2000/10/XMLSchema-instance"" xmlns:xsd=""http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema"">"

soaprequest = soaprequest & ""

soaprequest = soaprequest & "http://www.cisco.com/AXL/1.0"" xsi:schemaLocation=""http://www.cisco.com/AXL/1.0 http://gkar.cisco.com/schema/axlsoap.xsd"" sequence=""1234"">"

soaprequest = soaprequest & "SEP000000266666"

soaprequest = soaprequest & "test alej dummy"

soaprequest = soaprequest & "Cisco 7961"

soaprequest = soaprequest & "Cisco 7961"

soaprequest = soaprequest & "Phone"

soaprequest = soaprequest & "Cisco-station"

soaprequest = soaprequest & "User"

soaprequest = soaprequest & "10092_PSTN_Bern"

soaprequest = soaprequest & "10092_Bern"

'soaprequest = soaprequest & ""

'soaprequest = soaprequest & "Use System Default"

soaprequest = soaprequest & "919995559999"

soaprequest = soaprequest & "7914 14-Button Line Expansion Module"

soaprequest = soaprequest & "German Germany"

soaprequest = soaprequest & "Argentina"

soaprequest = soaprequest & "Language Selector"

soaprequest = soaprequest & "Language Selector"

soaprequest = soaprequest & "http://10.226.52.1/CCMCIP/userLocale.asp?deviceName=#DEVICENAME#&action=menu"

'soaprequest = soaprequest & "ADP000000566666"

'soaprequest = soaprequest & "true"

Argentina doesn't work either....

Here's mine.. obviously it can't be opened because it contains escaped sequences required for java strings.

dlignier
Level 1
Level 1

That's the reason why all developpers on cisco products wish the DBLX.dll documentation for each version of CCM.

For "Duration" bug, look at this :

(ASP-JSCRIPT)

LineID = "12345";

var numPlan = new ActiveXObject("DBLX.NumPlanX");

numPlan.SelectByID(LineID);

numPlan.CFNADuration = "16";

numPlan.Update();

It's running for a CCM version : 4.1.3

S?bastien UREK

sebastien.urek@ncs.fr

NCS (fr)

Two more on 4.1.3sr3a, both executeSQLQuery

SELECT Name FROM Device WHERE LoginTime IS NULL AND fkPhoneTemplate IS NOT NULL AND tkClass = 1 AND LoginUserid = "asve"

(the query would read out any physical devices where the user avse is set as owner id)

This returns an ODBC error saying that "avse" isn't a valid column name.

Do the same but replace " with ', and you get an empty result, instead of the a response containing xsi:nil that you usually get when making a query that returns no results.

Needless to say I use xml encoding on the query, so ' becomes ' - but I tried without and strangely enough, the query still passes, even though it's not valid XML.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: