cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

list phone along with description - AXL API?

dominiclau
Level 1
Level 1

How can I generate a list of phone along with "Description"?

Has anyone done it with AXL API?

16 Replies 16

jmlacoste
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

On CCM 4.x you can get the all list of IP Phone with Description and IP Address from request https://CCMHost/CCMAdmin/reports/devicelistX.asp

This is no more possible on CCM 5.x and this query use a lot of CCM CPU to get the IP Address.

So the best way is to use a SQLQuery AXL commands on the Device Table to get name and description column. You just need to filter on the tkClass=1 and tkDeviceProfile=0 column to get only the IP Phones.

Rgds,

JMLacoste

Hi,

can i do s SQLQuery to get the IP of the IP Phones?.. i al ready hay the Device name.. but i can't have the IP numbers from the phones..

Thnx in advance

No, the IP address is a realtime information.

On CCM 4.x you can get it easily from deviceListX.asp which returns an XML description including the IP address.

With CCM 5.x you are required to use Risport Web Service. Basically, you provide an Array of IP Phone names as parameter and get detailed IP Phone status including IP Address. Have a look to AXL Serviceability chapter in Cisco Unified CallManager Developers Guide for Release 5.0

Rgds,

JML

Hi JML,

I work with CCM 4.1(3).. and i can't use the GetDeviceIP.asp script.. cause CCM 4.x need SSL connection (https)..

This script came with the last SDK, and doesnt work to me. I try to modified, but i still cant make it work.

I just know the problem is the https... Can you help me with that??

Thnx in advance. (and sorry for my english, here we speak spanish :P)

Jorge Severino

Yes, you are right you must used https.

We use C# and it is very symple to use https. I can provide ou an example.

What language do you use ?

Rgds,

JM Lacoste

Im working with ASP.. I don't know why the sample that came with SDK doesn't work..

But, any examles will be useful to me.

My email is: jorge_severino@coasin.cl

thnx for your help and time JM.

Jorge Severino

Hello

I have the same problem!

I'm workin with ASP but it's possible to work with php or other. I need help.

If anybody have examples, my e-mail is vero@snk.be

Thank you

Here are the steps you need to pull the phone list on CCM 4.x without requiring HTTPS/SSL:

1. Copy the following file on CCM:

c:\Ciscowebs\Admin\reports\devicelistx.asp

2. Call the new file anything you like, i.e devicelists_noSSL.asp

3. From the CCM Desktop, right click "My Computer" and select "Manage"

4. Select "Services And Applications" > Internet Information Services" > "Default Web Site" > "CCMAdmin" > "Reports"

5. Select the newly copied file (devicelistx_noSSL.asp) and right click properties.

6. Select "File Security" tab and click "Edit" under "Secure Communication".

7. Uncheck "Require SSL".

This will require SSL for all other CCM pages except devicelistx_noSSL.asp. You can then use this file to get the phone list without requiring SSL/HTTPS.

Cheers :)

Anyone is able to get phone's Ip address from RisPort interface with CCM 5.x?

Hi ,

i to facing the same problem, if you are getting the Ip address of the phone using RisPort with CCM 5.x. canyou send me the sample code, it will be more helpful for me

Thanks in advanced

Regards,

Ravindra

my mail id is: "ravindra.trb@gmail.com"

Hi stefanoamici,

I too facing the same problem, if u find any solution to find Ip address of the phone using RisPort Please let me know i am waiting for ur reply ,its very urgent for me please

Thanks in advanced,

Regards

Ravindra

my mail id : "ravindra.trb@gmail.com"

Hi JML,

Iam facing the problem with RisPort webservice to get the Ip address of the Phones

i also read the Cisco Unified CallManager developer Guide for Release 5.0(pdf) but iam not understanding can u please send me the sample code hoe to send the Array of IP phone names as a parameter,i tried that but iam getting empty values ,please send me the sample code it will be very useful for me

Thanks in advanced

Regards ,

Ravindra

my personal mail id is:"ravindra_trb_2000@yahoo.co.in

Hello,

here is piece of C# code that calls RIS.

pBy, pRegistered and pDeviceName are function parameters. wsRisPort5 is a C# proxy generated from RIS wsdl. IP address can be obtained then from CMDevice result IpAddress property. Hope it helps.

Rdgs,

JM Lacoste

--------------------------------------------

IPSWS.wsRisPort5.CmSelectionCriteria selCriteria = new IPSWS.wsRisPort5.CmSelectionCriteria();

selCriteria.Class = "Phone";

selCriteria.Model = 255; // all model

selCriteria.NodeName = ""; // all server

selCriteria.SelectBy = pBy;

selCriteria.MaxReturnedDevices = (UInt32)pDevName.Length;

if (pRegistered)

selCriteria.Status = "Registered";

else

selCriteria.Status = "Any";

IPSWS.wsRisPort5.SelectItem[] selItems = new IPSWS.wsRisPort5.SelectItem[pDevName.Length];

for (int i=0; i < pDevName.Length; i++)

{

selItems[i] = new IPSWS.wsRisPort5.SelectItem();

selItems[i].Item = pDevName[i];

}

selCriteria.SelectItems = selItems;

stateInfo = "";

IPSWS.wsRisPort5.SelectCmDeviceResult res = ris5.SelectCmDevice(ref stateInfo, selCriteria);

jmlacoste
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, you can use SQLQuery AXL method and do a SELECT SQL query on device table to get name and description. You have to filter on tkDeviceProfile = 0, tkClass = 1 to get only ipPhone (and CTI port) device types. If you want to exclude CTI Port you also need to exclude tkModel = 72.

Rgds,

JML

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: