cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ListPhoneByDescription & ListUserByName

shaunbaker
Level 1
Level 1

I am running CCM 4.1 and am having problems getting the "list" AXL API commands to work. No matter what I try I end up getting back a null set. I used the wsdl to generate the proxy class in .NET (C#). I am trying this, i'm sure i'm missing something simple because i can't get any of the list commands to work. This is what i'm trying

excerpt...

AXLAPI.ListUserByNameReq rqListUser = new ListUserByName();

rqListUser.firstname = "*";

rqListUser.lastname = "*";

AXLAPI.ListUserByNameRes rsListUser = new ListUserByNameRes();

rsListUser = objCCM.listUserByName(rqListUser);

I use a similar form for the other list commands. None work so i'm thinking it's something i'm doing. I've tried every variation of "*" "%" "* " etc. I just want to list all users. I don't get any errors, it just returns null (i have about 250 phones). It should be simple but its just not working. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Shaun Baker

6 Replies 6

Sascha Monteiro
Level 6
Level 6

try to add;

rqListUser.searchLimit= "0";

I tried that, it didn't work either. I did find the problem. The "list" functions return with a different namespace than virtually ever other function (I found that out by looking at the trace log on the CCM box). Once I changed the wsdl to reflect that namespace and recompiled, it worked. I think the .NET serializer will toss anything that comes in with an unexpected namespace. I don't understand why the CCM responds with a different namespace but that's cisco.

cool

..welcome to the club ;-)

Where can I get that AXLAPI classes for Java?

Thanks

NetBeans 5.5 or Eclipse 3.3 will automatically create all Java classes for you by reverse engineering WSDL file. All you have to do is call those classes. I am able to successfully get the phone list in CCM 5.x using auto-generated classes by Java IDEs.

the CCM 5.x WSDL works fine, the 4.x one is bugged. I just used the 5.x WSDL and am careful not to call any unsupported functions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: