cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Live Call Manager upgrade

vinhnguyen
Level 1
Level 1

I have two servers in a cluster. I want to take the Publisher offline and upgrade from 3.3.4 to 4.1. When I bring the server online the phone will switch from subscriber to publisher. My question is will the phone resets and does a software upgrade or will the phone retains the old phone load and continue to work.

5 Replies 5

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Yes, when pub comes online, you will see all the phones upgrade their firmware, which may take more time, depending on number of phones.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

spatel_64
Level 4
Level 4

Phone loader also get upgraded sametime. The process take loger time. If your network is not conjusted do after hours but if you have lots of user Weekend is best time you need to decide.I have upgrade 200 phone from 3.3 to 4.0(2A) and from 4.02(a) migrated to 4.1.3 took lmost 45 minute to get loaded being done.

The phone was start working after 180 min laters.

You could upgrade the firmware on the phones before you upgrade the callmanagers. This way, you could control the phones upgrading and the server fail over on the phones would be much quicker when you upgrade the servers.

I highly recommend doing the firmware prior to the server upgrade, (unless you are going from 4 to 5 and switching to SIP, then you can't), all the latest firmware versions are compatible from 3.1 to 5.0, they just hide the features that are unavailable. I have done this in the past and it was a lot better . No matter how good your bandwith is, in most cases you're going to have a ton of the same phone trying to get the same file from the same servers and the servers just don't like that

One question

What will happen with suscriber server if it not upgrader? it can be possible?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: