Views
Helpful
Replies

Live feed Music on hold for FXO

ntarnagada
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I set up a IP telephony systeme with CISCO 2651 router and VIC2-4FXO port. I want to add live feed music-on-hold connected to a FXO port. I read that I need an adapter but i can't found it anywhere.

My questions are :

- do you have some references of such an adapter (vendor, type, etc) ?

- do you have a technical description and even a drawing of the way this adapter should be wired ?

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

irisrios
Level 6
Level 6

Live feed Music on hold is possible for CCME. Here is an extract from a cisco.com document for the same. But not sure if its true for CCM as well.

"The recommended interface for live-feed MOH is an analog E&M port because it requires the minimum number of external components. You connect a line-level audio feed (standard audio jack) directly to pins 3 and 6 of an E&M RJ-45 connector. The E&M WAN interface card (WIC) has a built-in audio transformer that provides appropriate electrical isolation for the external audio source. (An audio connection on an E&M port does not require loop-current)."

Check the following document for more information:

Configuring Music on Hold from a Live Feed

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5012/products_feature_guide_chapter09186a0080181305.html#2175068

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: