cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Live Recording

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Is it possible to enable the Live Recording feature in a Unity Enterprise / CallManager 3.0.7 Integration? If so, can I get instructions?<br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

The live record feature available in general (i.e. as opposed to special digital integrations done for partners in the past) only works with in band DTMF integration.

We need the switch to provide a mechanism to initiate a silent conference and call a voice mail port with a DTMF packet indicating it's a live record session and who started it... when we get that we simply shut up and start recording. When the call terminates we dump the message into the mailbox of the user that initiated the live record.

Typically the phone would have a softkey defined for "live record" that the user can hit while on an active call (usually restricted to a trunk call, not internal calls). This has the switch initiate a conference, dial a voice mail port and pulse down the appropriate DTMF to us to get the ball rolling.

Most of the work here is on the switch side of the fence and several "analog" switches do support this today. I don't believe there's a way to make this happen with Call Manager.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg