cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LLQ vs ip rtp priority

cagboh
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone enumerate the differences between LLQ and ip rtp priority?

Thanks charles

4 Replies 4

cagboh
Level 1
Level 1

I understand that they both use strict priority queuing and with ip rtp priority, the packets destined for the strict priority queue are identified by the port numbers (parameters to ip rtp priority). If anyone has an opinion why one is *better* than the other, let me know.

Charles

Ebone

mschlenger
Level 3
Level 3

Ip rtp will only compress the rtp/udp headers. LLQ is typically used with access lists to specifically prioritze voice udp ports and set the Ip precedence on those ports. Check out the AVVID QoS design guide for config examples. You need 12.1.3T or higher.

Mike

s-gupta
Level 1
Level 1

Friends, It is right that "ip rtp priority" and LLQ both follow stirct priority queue. Normally "ip rtp priority" is used for real time traffic where as LLQ is used to define the priority status with in CBWFQ and it is not limited to specific ports, as what the case for "ip rtp priority".

Trust this brings needful clarity. Let me have yr email address I have a good stock on QOS.

rgds

shailendra

Thanks guys!!

email:charles.agboh@ebone.com

ebone

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: