Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

load created by TAPI

It is my understanding that any TAPI application would put an extra load on CallManager. Any idea how much load could possibly put on when using extraCisco Telephony Service Provider to do something as simple as dialing out using Oulook Contact list?

Thanks for you help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: load created by TAPI

Remember to use the Rate and Solve functions for answers that help you. I see you didn't rate jasyoung's reply, nor mark it as a solve, even though you state his answer was "exactly what [you] needed".

Have a great day.

4 REPLIES
Gold

You can look to the Cisco IP Telephony Solutions Reference Network Design document for guidance on this. There's a concept called 'device weights' that you're supposed to use when doing capacity planning. You can find the SRND here on CCO:

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/netsol/ns268/c649/ccmigration_09186a008017bb4a.pdf

TAPI applications would fall under 'CTI third-party control' when you're reading the Device Weights section. There's a lot of other good info in that document and it's a good read for anyone who's deployed or is working on deploying CallManager.

Exactly what I needed. Thanks for the help!

Remember to use the Rate and Solve functions for answers that help you. I see you didn't rate jasyoung's reply, nor mark it as a solve, even though you state his answer was "exactly what [you] needed".

Have a great day.

Thanks for the heads up. I have never seen it before now. I have "rated" it accordingly.

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content