Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Loading an IOS to cisco2621

Hello!

My cisco 2621 flash file was corrupted. I have an RSL and I am trying to use it to upload new IOS. During the process I encountered this message "failure to learn hardware and software status of the router". I have successfully loaded new IOS twice using RSL before (for 2600 and 3600 access router). I am using windows 2000 OS on my machine.

I cant use the other alternatives such as loading with TFTP and using the auxillary ports and do "copy xmodem" because there was no image file and I always get into Rommon mode.

Can somebody give me a suggestion on how can I resolve my problem and make use of this cisco2621 for our branches.

Your help is very much appreciated.

Best Regards,

dennis

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Loading an IOS to cisco2621

If this is only happening on a single 2621 then I suspect maybe your flash memory is bad, and you need to call TAC for them to possibly get it replaced.

If it's happening to more than one router then it may be that something in your process is not exactly right. Have you tried using the tftpdnld method described at this URL:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_mod/cis2600/hw_inst/2600hig/2600appc.htm#xtocid225610

Hi!

Thanks for your wonderful response. This is only happening on a single machine. I already try this process before but it it didn't work. The error message tells that I need to supply an IP_address, the subnet mask, the default gateway etc., etc. I habve given enough information for this tftpdnld command and yet it wont work. Should I consider that my flash memory is bad and I should send this router to cisco for warranty? We've been using it for the last 8 months before it stop working, good thing that I have a back-up cisco2500 that keep my network working.

Please advice.

Thanks and Best regards,

dennis

Cisco Employee

I would suggest that you call Cisco TAC and have them try to help you. They will want to try loading the IOS again walking you through it over the phone most likely. If they think the flash is bad then they can arrange replacement for you.

Hi!

Thank you very much. I'll follow your advice.

Best regards.

Hi.

to transfer the bin file to your router follow these steps.

1.At the rommom promt type xmodem filename

eg. xmodem c2600-56js-i.120-4.bin

2.answer yes to the following question.

3. after it stated that its ready to receive the file

click on the transfer tab and choose Send File.

4. Choose the xmodem option and browse to the locaion of the file then hit send

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content