cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Loading ViewMail on OutlookXP

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have Unity 3.0.2 and am attempting to install viewmail on Outlook XP (actually Office XP). This is what I have found out. If I have a machine running Outlook 2K then no problems loading ViewMail. If I upgrade the suite to XP then Viewmail runs fine. Even if it breaks I can reinstall Viewmail with no problem.<br><br>When viewmail is loaded on a clean install of OfficeXP (on a W2K Pro machine) it stops install and gives me a screen that only give a text box with “back” in it. The system freezes and only Ctrl-Alt-Del get my system back. Is there some trick to loaded viewmail with Outlook XP?<br><br><br>

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

No known trick, but we very recently had a report of a customer who kept getting failures when trying to install XP and VMO with McAfee on a system...any chance you have McAfee?

Jami Stewart
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

no mcafee here

Not applicable

We ran into this problem but ours was the documented (at least on these forums :-) New Dell computer with Yamaha Synthesizer Software issue - took a while to realize that the reason upgrades from 2k worked is that they were old Dells without Yamaha - new OXP installs had Yamaha - removing it solved our problem...

I'm not saying you have this exact issue - but is it possible that there's a software (particularly sound/system driver it seems) that is different on your new installs than old? Look for really odd stuff that you problably don't need anyway - sure haven't missed that Yamaha software - what a waste of space :-)

- Ken

Ken Johnson
Mgr. Network Services
LeTourneau University
http://www.letu.edu/

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: