Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Silver

Local Voice Gateway and Central Site CM - Delay Issue

Hi,

Have an issue with a setup of main site with CM4.0 and several remote sites connected via WAN with local PSTN breakout.

When calls are made externally from one site (others are unaffected) there is a 10 - 12 seconds delay in the call. Internal calls between sites are ok.

I have witnessed via debug isdn q931 that when a call is attempted, it takes about 10 seconds for the local gateway so begin proceeding with the call, therefore I would assume that the delay root must be at the central site with the callmanager.

I have also rediverted all outgoing calls through the main site RLT and still the delay issue is apparent.

Can anyone advise how to dianose or resolve this.

T302 is set to 4 seconds on CM, and have tried 2,3 and 4 on local ports, which are BRI.

Thanks.

LR

2 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Local Voice Gateway and Central Site CM - Delay Issue

Unfortunately we cannot avoid this Dealy at this time.

Re: Local Voice Gateway and Central Site CM - Delay Issue

Hi Lee,

Of course, the first and best method for dealing with this is to configure fixed length destination patterns. for example a US standard local pattern, where 9 is used to reach a trunk could be:

destination-pattern 9[2-9]......

forward-digits 7

rather than:

destination-pattern 9T

However, if you must use overlap receiving/sending, consider appending a # (termination character) to the end of the dialed number on the inbound voip dial-peer. Do this using a voice translation profile. (see below) This will speed up dial-peer matching. However be sure to disable overlap-sending on CCM route pattern so you append the # at the end of your dialed number rather than somewhere in the middle.

Example translation:

voice translation-profile AddATerm

translate called 100

voice translation-rule 100

rule 1 /^\(.*\)/ /\1#/

dial-peer voice 9000 voip

translation-profile incoming AddATerm

description inbound voip dial-peer

incoming called .T

Let me know if this helps by rating the post.

Michael

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content