Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Users might experience few discrepancies in Search results. We are working on this on our side. We apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused.

Location issue when bandwidth restricted to one call only

I have several sites with only enough bandwidth for a single call over the WAN. I have however discovered that with the location bandwidth set for one call only I am unable to transfer the call to a phone on another site. If I ammend it to two calls it works fine

5 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Location issue when bandwidth restricted to one call only

This is normal,

When you transfer, you hear the ring on the third phone Inband.. So, RTP needs that amount of bandwidth, even before you transfer.

Ashok, Thanks for the reply. Is anyone aware of a workaround? I cannot set the bandwidth for 2 calls as this would cause allow two separate phones to make calls and there is only enough bandwidth available for one

You could assign the phone you want to be able to call out in a CSS and assign other phone(s) to a CSS that allows calling just internal numbers.

HTH.

Sulabh

Please remember to rate all helpful posts.

This fix would not work as both phones on site must have same class of service

Cisco Employee

hmm. difficult situation.. I cannot think of any workaround. Let us see if anyone else comes up with one..Sorry!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content